Previously, I wrote about Judge Lomabard. Judge got on a bus in Las Vegas, got off in Denver and was missing for a day. A social worker sent him back to the bus station in a cab and guess what happened? He went missing in Denver for 11 more days.
The police found Judge, checked him out, fed him, and put him on a plane to Detroit. His family was waiting for him to get off the plane. They didn't see him. He was lost again.
Three days later, Judge walked into his home in Detroit. When he was asked where he was he responded, "I was on a mission in downtown Detroit".
Judge first went missing on August 11. He walked into his home in Detroit on September 8.
Should Rose be concerned?
One hour ago--Authorities Issue Alert For Missing Woman With Alzheimer's Juanita Robinson suffers from Alzheimer's. She has been missing since Sunday.
Four hours ago--Search continues for missing Tampa woman with Alzheimer's. Lola Thompson has been missing for one day.
Missing since September 7--Missing, feared dead. Castro County authorities have been searching nearly two weeks for a well-known Dimmitt woman whose disappearance has mobilized a community left to wonder how she could vanish without a trace. Even more troubling for the family of Jonette Hamilton Woods is that she's slowed by Alzheimer's disease and a life-threatening breathing disorder.
35 minutes ago--Search ongoing for couple. Mary Lou Black has Alzheimer's disease. The couple has been missing since September 11.
I could include many more stories like the one above, but I think I made my point.
Bob DeMarco is an Alzheimer's caregiver and editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room. The Alzheimer's Reading Room is the number one website on the Internet for advice and insight into Alzheimer's disease. Bob taught at the University of Georgia, was an executive at Bear Stearns, the CEO of IP Group, and is a mentor. He has written more than 700 articles with more than 18,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
More from the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- The Alzheimer's Reading Room--Press Release
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- Questions About Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimers and Dementia
- Dimebon Clinical Trial?
- The Thyroid and Alzheimer's
- Are Alzheimer's Caregivers the Forgotten?
- Flavanol-rich Cocoa Consumption Improves Blood Flow to the Brain
- A Simple Three Minute Test Can Detect the Earliest Stage of Alzheimer's Disease
- Eli Lilly Launches Two Late Stage Clinical Trials for Alzheimer's (LY2062430)
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Wii a Useful Tool for Alzheimer's Caregivers
- Five Ways to Keep Alzheimer's Away
- 2009 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures
- The Mini-Cog Test for Alzheimer's and Dementia
- What is Dementia?
- A Real Solution to the Health Care Crisis
- 80 Percent of Medical Bills Contain Errors -- Fighting Mistakes