Tuesday, August 13, 2013

5 Things You Should Never Say to a Person With Alzheimer’s

When relating to a person with Alzheimer’s there are many guidelines to follow. I’m going to discuss five of the most basic ones here.

5 Things You Should Never Say to a Person With Alzheimer’s

By Marie Marley
+Alzheimer's Reading Room


Yesterday afternoon I walked into Mary’s spacious room. Mary is a woman who has few visitors and whom I’ve volunteered to spend a little time with every week. I greeted her, complimented her on her beautiful turquoise sweater, and shook her hand. 

Then I sat down at her little table that was overflowing with books, photographs, the newspaper and other items she wants to keep close at hand. I started off by picking up a small framed photo of Mary with her husband and three children – two sons and a daughter. 




+Bob DeMarco , +Alzheimer's Reading Room To learn more about Alzheimer's and Dementia visit the Alzheimer's Reading Room

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alzheimer's Reading RoomTestimonials

Alzheimer's Reading Room Testimonials Ranked #1 by Healthline in the Best Alzheimer's Blogs - 2012 - 2018 "The Alzheimer’s Re...