Thursday, October 17, 2013

Learning How to Communicate with Someone Living with Dementia

One thing that drives dementia caregivers crazy is repetitive questions and repetitive behavior.



I know this from the number of emails I receive on this issue, and the number of comments we get on the issue.

It is clear to me that a large fraction of patients living with dementia ask the same things over and over, and do the same thing over and over.

I understand how disconcerting this can be -- I was there once upon a time.

It took me a long time to understand this repetitive behavior and adjust to it. I am looking at my da Vinci pad and some of my bunkhouse notes right now.

One question I asked myself, why am I allowing this behavior to drive me nuts?

Continue Reading
inside the Alzheimer's Reading Room


_______________________________

Related Articles
_______________________________

 To learn more about Alzheimers and Dementia care visit the Alzheimer's Reading Room

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alzheimer's Reading RoomTestimonials

Alzheimer's Reading Room Testimonials Ranked #1 by Healthline in the Best Alzheimer's Blogs - 2012 - 2018 "The Alzheimer’s Re...