Friday, January 24, 2014

Alzheimer's Care Partner Lament - This is not the person I knew

Alzheimer's care partners often lament - this is not the person I knew.

Alzheimer's Care Partner Quote

Ths happens when care partners focus on the past rather than on the present.

This is understandable.

You have known the person living with dementia all or most of your life. As it result, it is very difficult to change this pattern. The way you have communicated or interacted with them during your life.

I often ask this question when I hear these words - this is not the person I knew -

who are they then?

Read more on this issue in the 
Alzheimer's Reading Room

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alzheimer's Reading RoomTestimonials

Alzheimer's Reading Room Testimonials Ranked #1 by Healthline in the Best Alzheimer's Blogs - 2012 - 2018 "The Alzheimer’s Re...