Monday, May 11, 2015

Stategies to Get People with Dementia to Take a Bath

A reader searching Google using the following keywords

Stategies to Get People with Dementia to Take a Bath

were directed to this article in the Alzheimer's Reading Room.

Get People with Dementia to Take a Bath


5 Tips, How to get an Alzheimer's Patient to Shower


One of the earliest problems I faced with my mother, Dotty, was getting her to take a shower.

In the beginning, I would typically make a common Alzheimer's caregiver mistake - I would try to convince her to take the shower.

This usually resulted in me trying to convince her that she needed a shower, the importance of the shower for good health (hygiene), or trying to convince her she would "stink" if she didn't take a shower.

No matter what explanation or cajoling I tried it didn't work. Dotty would usually get angry, and use one of her favorite words - bulls***.

I can laugh about it now. But, I can also assure you that it didn't seem funny at the time.

Continue reading.

Alzheimer's Front Row
Search 4,970 original articles for




Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Email:

About Author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alzheimer's Reading RoomTestimonials

Alzheimer's Reading Room Testimonials Ranked #1 by Healthline in the Best Alzheimer's Blogs - 2012 - 2018 "The Alzheimer’s Re...