Monday, October 15, 2012

Rewiring My Brain and Stepping into Alzheimer's World | Alzheimer's Reading Room

Once you start to understand how things work in Alzheimer's World you get calm and comfortable. Once you get calm and comfortable you give off a better "vibe" to someone that has Alzheimer's.

By Bob DeMarco 

Rewiring My Brain and Stepping into Alzheimer's World
I would find a new way to communicate with my mother who was suffering from Alzheimer's disease. 
I wrote that on my da Vinci pad in 2004. This was at the same time I was coming to another conclusion, something had to change and that something was me. 
I did not perceived the changes in communication as being difficult. After all, I had been studying communication and decision making all the way back to college days, and ever since. I figured some practice and I would get the hang of it. 
What I did not immediately perceive was how difficult it would be to change all the things I had learned over the course of my life. 
For example, I had to learn how NOT to feel bad when my mother said something mean spirited to me.
Continue Reading -

Rewiring My Brain and Stepping into Alzheimer's World


No comments:

Post a Comment

Alzheimer's Reading RoomTestimonials

Alzheimer's Reading Room Testimonials Ranked #1 by Healthline in the Best Alzheimer's Blogs - 2012 - 2018 "The Alzheimer’s Re...